Okay, I know....I've been a horrible blogger these days. I will try to keep up with this whole thing, as it is definately easier to let you in on my thoughts like this than e-mailing you all individually. First, let me reflect on everyone else's thoughts...David and I still use the word 'pop'. I don't think I ever really say soda. And, I say 'bag'. I think....maybe sack sometimes...not sure. Anywho--It's funny how when you move somewhere completely different you start to talk like the people there do and don't even really think about it. You're right Am...ya'll have to adapt to the environment.
So, I just read Kristi's blog, and I have to say, you made me think of how lucky we all are also. I once read a story somewhere about a woman who had cancer and her prognosis was pretty grim. She also had small children, and instead of giving up and being 'sick', she devoted each and every day to making sure that her children and her husband were surrounded with love and people to love them when she was gone. She knew she may not have tomorrow, but she made sure to live every day like it was her last. I guess there are thousands of stories out there like that, but I will always remember it, especially now that I am a mom and I realize how selfless you become when you have created another little life from your own. I just cannot imagine being in a situation where you know that you may not see your kids grow up, or teach them to drive, or watch them get married. That is so heartbreaking to me. Okay....enough sadness....on to living each day to the fullest and counting your blessings!
So, my child is now starting to transform again and look like her mommy! Yay! Not that she wasn't adorable when she looks like her daddy, but it's just so neat to watch them change almost overnight! (I know I talk about mommy stuff a lot and most of you aren't mommies, but since this is my blog....I can say whatever I want:) Lately, when she smiles and laughs, I look at her and see a picture that was taken of me when I was probably 2 years old, and her cheeks, and expression, and smile are the exact same. I don't even have that picture at my house, but everytime I see her smile, I see that picture in my head....it's amazing to me. Her grandma bought her some hair bows the other day and one of them is a purple flower....she looks like a litte hawaiian girl in it...it is too cute! I will have to take a digital picture of it. I just want to eat her up sometimes.
Well, I'm off to bed, I have been go-go-going all day and my battery is dead. Talk to ya'll later.
So, I just read Kristi's blog, and I have to say, you made me think of how lucky we all are also. I once read a story somewhere about a woman who had cancer and her prognosis was pretty grim. She also had small children, and instead of giving up and being 'sick', she devoted each and every day to making sure that her children and her husband were surrounded with love and people to love them when she was gone. She knew she may not have tomorrow, but she made sure to live every day like it was her last. I guess there are thousands of stories out there like that, but I will always remember it, especially now that I am a mom and I realize how selfless you become when you have created another little life from your own. I just cannot imagine being in a situation where you know that you may not see your kids grow up, or teach them to drive, or watch them get married. That is so heartbreaking to me. Okay....enough sadness....on to living each day to the fullest and counting your blessings!
So, my child is now starting to transform again and look like her mommy! Yay! Not that she wasn't adorable when she looks like her daddy, but it's just so neat to watch them change almost overnight! (I know I talk about mommy stuff a lot and most of you aren't mommies, but since this is my blog....I can say whatever I want:) Lately, when she smiles and laughs, I look at her and see a picture that was taken of me when I was probably 2 years old, and her cheeks, and expression, and smile are the exact same. I don't even have that picture at my house, but everytime I see her smile, I see that picture in my head....it's amazing to me. Her grandma bought her some hair bows the other day and one of them is a purple flower....she looks like a litte hawaiian girl in it...it is too cute! I will have to take a digital picture of it. I just want to eat her up sometimes.
Well, I'm off to bed, I have been go-go-going all day and my battery is dead. Talk to ya'll later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home