Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Hey kiddies. Shells, I will try to get better at this...what's really bad is that I read all of your blogs every day and then I sit down to blog and my mind is a blank. Much like now. Which is why I write mostly about my adorable little munchkin, Maddy Belle. After all, she does consume most of my time, so what better to write about?

I was reading random blogs again tonight of total strangers. Have any of you done this? I don't know why other people's thoughts interest me so much, but I realized that there are a lot of messed up people out there. It's kind of scary to know that you could be reading some weirdo's blog and not even know that it's the same weirdo in the cubicle next to you at work. Something to think about...

Nothing much new is going on in my life. Some may say my life is boring these days....I get up and feed my child, take care of her, play with her, change her, etc. Then I wait for daddy to come home and take over while I go to work in a salon down the street and answer phones and chit chat with other women. Then I come home, eat dinner and watch tv and go to bed, all to get up and do it again the next day. Pretty uneventful, but I wouldn't give it up for anything else in the world. I cannot imagine dropping my baby off at a daycare every day to work full time....I am not speaking lowly of anyone that does this, because I realize that I am fortunate enough (just barely) to not have to do this. I do realize some women do not have a choice, but gosh, it must be so hard for them. I would miss so many smiles everyday and so many tiny milestones that make up this extraordinary little person. I guess I just wanted to say I am counting my blessings that I am able to cherish my daughter so much. Ughhh......I just love her to pieces and I want to give her the world. Mostly, my lifelong wish would be to sit back one day when I'm older and she's having children, and be able to say, 'Look what an amazing woman she turned out to be.' I'm starting to learn about what my mom must have gone through raising 2 daughters and being right by my side while I delivered Maddy and what thoughts must have gone through her head. I realize now how hard it is to be a mom, and how I will never make it through another day without first worrying about my child and her well-being. I can't wait until you all start your families....scary, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home