When am I going to know what I want to be when I grow up? I don't want to sound whiney or anything, but I'm really struggling with this lately. I had a meltdown last night & I was a wreck. I want to get a job, but I'm tired of adding one more crappy job to the resume and I don't know what I want to do. Sometimes I think something in the medical profession would suit me, or maybe real estate. But all of my interests involve more money and retraining/schooling. That's too overwhelming for me to think about right now since I don't have the finances for something like that. In fact, it's that very overwhelming feeling that stops me from pursuing something new. My mind is just going around in circles with the questions about money, daycare, school, when do I want to have another child, and how will we fit it in with whatever path I've chosen jobwise? It's really hard to be a mom. It's also the greatest thing ever. The hardest thing I'm dealing with is figuring out what I want my purpose to be in this world. Does anyone ever really know, or are all those seemingly well put-together people just a sham?

3 Comments:
I think it's all a sham.... :-)
**I'm 99.9% sure that all of use have or are or will go through the same thing. I did. For right now though, I am happy w/ my job...I wouldn't call it my dream job by any means but I enjoy what I do for the time being....
I too am going through the same thing you are. I want to go back to school and do something with myself, but I worry about money and time, and the future. It's a hard thing to go through, but you will find what you are looking for! And then you will find a way to make it work. Now I hope I can listen to my own advice!
Sis,
This is going to sound like a prescription, but make a list of 10 things you love to do and call me later. Don't laugh, b/c someone did this w/ me last week and it clarified a whole lot. It was so cool and I've thought about it since then. No particular order, just 10 things you love to do. i'll explain more then.
And yes, I think many people who seemingly have it all together are just pretending. Not all, but some. It all depends on what your underlying purpose and center is. If it's success, they'll fail. If it's money, they'll fail. If it's promotion, they'll fail. If it's acceptance, beauty, or fame, they'll fail. Those are empty things of this world that will never satisfy. Too often that's what the pretenders seem to be fulfilled with, but they're really still empty inside.
Post a Comment
<< Home