I'm listening to "Hallelujah" right now by Jeff Buckley. Love it. It's so calming. I have to admit, I first heard it on the O.C., and hunted it down on this website we found where you can download music. Not sure how legal that is, but I guess we'll see. Yikes....anywho, I have found lots of good new favorites. And I need a calming song right about now.
My little munchkin is very ill this week. I am starting to get a little worried. She was up all night on Tuesday throwing up (I was puked on 5 times and I still love this little one to pieces). Yesterday I took her to the doc and was told she has another ear infection. It just seemed like more to me, but what do I know, right? So today she wakes up really lethargic and sleeps a lot during the day. When awake, she just cuddled with me on the couch and we watched kiddie shows all day. This is sooo not my child on a healthy day, so as much as I hate that she feels cruddy, I have to savor the cuddles. Then I got a phone call from some friends that we had over on Friday night with their little girl only to find out their daughter, who is the same age, has come down with the Rotovirus. wonderful. So, now I have my answer...it is something more....I'm assuming Maddy has it too, because all the symptoms are there. Unfortunately, it just has to run it's course and there's nothing I can do, but it's very dangerous if they become dehydrated. She hasn't had much to drink since this morning, so this may be a rough night. I will be waking her every few hours to try to force some water down her throat.
On another note, my work has been quite understanding about this because I have only been working 3 months and so far have not been able to make it through a single month without having to take at least 1 day off for some sort of illness in the family. I think they're getting a little irritated, but hey, what do you do? David's job on the other hand, is just downright ridiculous. He is staying home with her tomorrow, which is only fair because I have been home the last 2 days. His boss had the nerve to say that this was ridiculous and has to stop and couldn't have come at a worse time. I would love to call this jerk up and rip him a new one. I just don't understand this kind of insensitivity. Next time I force my daughter to contract the rotovirus by changing other 2 year olds' diapers, I will make sure I schedule it at a more convenient time for him.
My little munchkin is very ill this week. I am starting to get a little worried. She was up all night on Tuesday throwing up (I was puked on 5 times and I still love this little one to pieces). Yesterday I took her to the doc and was told she has another ear infection. It just seemed like more to me, but what do I know, right? So today she wakes up really lethargic and sleeps a lot during the day. When awake, she just cuddled with me on the couch and we watched kiddie shows all day. This is sooo not my child on a healthy day, so as much as I hate that she feels cruddy, I have to savor the cuddles. Then I got a phone call from some friends that we had over on Friday night with their little girl only to find out their daughter, who is the same age, has come down with the Rotovirus. wonderful. So, now I have my answer...it is something more....I'm assuming Maddy has it too, because all the symptoms are there. Unfortunately, it just has to run it's course and there's nothing I can do, but it's very dangerous if they become dehydrated. She hasn't had much to drink since this morning, so this may be a rough night. I will be waking her every few hours to try to force some water down her throat.
On another note, my work has been quite understanding about this because I have only been working 3 months and so far have not been able to make it through a single month without having to take at least 1 day off for some sort of illness in the family. I think they're getting a little irritated, but hey, what do you do? David's job on the other hand, is just downright ridiculous. He is staying home with her tomorrow, which is only fair because I have been home the last 2 days. His boss had the nerve to say that this was ridiculous and has to stop and couldn't have come at a worse time. I would love to call this jerk up and rip him a new one. I just don't understand this kind of insensitivity. Next time I force my daughter to contract the rotovirus by changing other 2 year olds' diapers, I will make sure I schedule it at a more convenient time for him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home