Wednesday, November 15, 2006

So my sister's most recent post is very thought-provoking and disturbing and motivating all at the same time. You should read it...click on 'mandarin' on my links and it will take you there. It will make you never want to complain or want for anything again. Even though we all will complain, and we will all want for things, because that is our nature.

I also posted a comment on her site about the John Mayer song "Waiting on the World to Change". I think it is one of those songs that is a little controversial, but only because I don't know that people are 'getting' what he's trying to say. Some people think that he's really just sitting around waiting. I think in reality, he is actually trying to say is that 'we', meaning our generation, are the only people that actually CAN change the world, but we aren't giving ourselves enough credit and we're just sitting back and saying how sad things are but not really doing anything about anything. I also think that 'we' sometimes feel like if we even try to do something, generations older than us might not take us seriously, so we don't bother. I think he's really trying to say something similar to the Ghandi (I think it's Ghandi) quote, "BE the change you wish to see in the world". He's trying to make people realize that it's stupid to just sit around and not do anything, just like it's stupid to not vote and then complain about the outcome. Every vote does count otherwise whats the point? Anyway, that's my thought on the song, just another viewpoint. I'm a music critic today:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home