I have been so cranky lately and I have no idea why. Well, I mean, I have some idea, I'm sure it has to do with my crazy hormones and the fact that little Evan beats me up from the inside on a 24/7 basis. But besides that, I have sometimes found myself coming home from work in just a foul mood and all I want to do is curl up in a ball in my bed until the next day.
If anything, I should be annoyingly happy every day. There are so many people around me or families that I have heard about lately that are going through serious struggles in life with fertility and miscarriage, or sick/disabled children, or financial issues, or loss, and I finally stepped back to take a look at everything I have and I'm going to stop being crabby for no reason! I have a wonderful husband who loves me even through my insecurities and I have a daughter that says, 'I love you mama, you're my best friend'. (And even though I know that probably won't last into her teenage years...I'm grateful for her unconditional love. And when Evan makes me queasy everyday with the kicking and rolling around, I'm happy that he has all of his body parts and that they all work and he is healthy and about to come into this world into a loving family.
There's just so much bad in the world and on the news and I think sometimes that seeps in a little too much and clouds my happiness. Over the weekend I did realize how lucky I am and how stupid it is to waste any part of your days on a bad mood for no reason.
I'm sure everyone goes through this once in a while? Or maybe just me, I don't know. Anyway, count your blessings, and do something nice for someone...it works!
If anything, I should be annoyingly happy every day. There are so many people around me or families that I have heard about lately that are going through serious struggles in life with fertility and miscarriage, or sick/disabled children, or financial issues, or loss, and I finally stepped back to take a look at everything I have and I'm going to stop being crabby for no reason! I have a wonderful husband who loves me even through my insecurities and I have a daughter that says, 'I love you mama, you're my best friend'. (And even though I know that probably won't last into her teenage years...I'm grateful for her unconditional love. And when Evan makes me queasy everyday with the kicking and rolling around, I'm happy that he has all of his body parts and that they all work and he is healthy and about to come into this world into a loving family.
There's just so much bad in the world and on the news and I think sometimes that seeps in a little too much and clouds my happiness. Over the weekend I did realize how lucky I am and how stupid it is to waste any part of your days on a bad mood for no reason.
I'm sure everyone goes through this once in a while? Or maybe just me, I don't know. Anyway, count your blessings, and do something nice for someone...it works!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home