Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It has been a while, but I will update you on what's been going on at the Kreitzer household...

First of all, David had a great 2nd year with FedEx and was awarded the very prestigious President's Club award. I am very proud of him, he had to be in the top 1% of all salespeople internationally. He worked really hard, and the best part about it is - they sent us to Hawaii! It was the best vacation I have ever had...so beautiful and very relaxing. My wonderful sister and the lovely Shannon helped out by watching our kids while we were gone, and i'm not sure they even noticed we had left! The FedEx trip was at the Grand Wailea in Maui from Sunday-Friday, so we decided to extend our trip a couple of days in Honolulu, and leave on Sunday. We figured since we were going all the way there, why not stay a couple of extra days? Maui is so very relaxing and quiet, and Oahu is completely opposite. Honolulu was like a little Chicago on an island...very busy, lots of nightlife, shopping, etc. Both islands were wonderful and we had a great time. The first day we were there, we went deep sea fishing, which I could live without ever doing again! It may have been more fun if we actually would have caught more than a 2 pound tuna, but 6 hours in those intense waves just about did me in! Thank God for dramamine. We also did a helicopter tour and I spent a couple days at the spa, while David did an ATV tour down Haleakala (Maui's inactive volcano). I included some pics...this is the view from our lanai at the Grand Wailea...


View from the spa overlooking the pool/ocean...

View of Diamond Head from our hotel in Honolulu...



A rainbow we saw on our helicopter tour in Maui...



David and I...


So on the last night of the FedEx trip, there was a black tie gala event, and they flew in Hootie and the Blowfish to perform at the end of dinner! There were only about 400-500 people there, so we were right in front, it was really fun.


All in all, a fantastic trip. Especially since we didn't pay for almost any of it, except for the part we extended:) They really spoil you on these trips, with all the excursions and gifts in your room every night, it is amazing. Next year's President's Club trip is in Cannes, in the South of France. However, David already told me not to pack for that one! Ha...I guess this year isn't going as well as his last year! Even so, I am still very very proud of him - there were people on this trip that have worked for FedEx for 17 years and this was their first President's Club trip, so I think that says a lot for him.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home