Thursday, April 14, 2005

So, I was going to rush home and post about this last week when we returned from Hilton Head, but I forgot. So, here it is. I call it "love in the air".

Our trip to Hilton Head was great by the way, but our flight on the way home was quite entertaining. On the first one, from Savannah to Atlanta, (which, mind you, was the shorter of the two....like 40 minutes in all), we were seated in front of a girl and a guy who were about our ages. Neither David nor myself were exactly eavesdropping, but it was hard not to hear the entire 40 minute conversation seeing as how the girl, who was a flighty southern belle type with a loud voice. Cute girl, the guy, was just average, had tattoos all over his arms and spoke with an english accent. I think he was from London. Anyways, they began talking about music and pink floyd and concerts and jobs and where they were from, and what trips they had just ended and the like. They were just amazed at how much in common they had, so southern belle decided she would buy them some drinks. two mini bottles of wine to be precise. oh, and i forgot during takeoff, she was ever so scared that tattoo boy offered his hand and David noticed they were holding hands. weird, seeing as how they had just met, but whatever. So, 2 more mini bottles of wine later (yes, on a 40 minute flight), we begin our descent into Atlanta. After we land, they are talking about how this is the best flight they've ever been on and they wouldn't mind if we just went back up in the air and flew around some more (ummmm....i minded, thank you very much). Anyway, we're taxiing around the runway and sitting around for a while and we don't hear anymore voices. David and I looked at each other and noticed we both were hearing a slurping sound. Yes, they were making out! Whaaaaaaatttt?

I mean, who am I to judge true love, but again, whaaaaat? This girl actually made out with this guy after talking to him for like 40 minutes, and invited her back to her house with her and her mom, who was picking her up, so he wouldn't have to hang out in the airport for a 4 hour layover. I hope he wasn't an axe murderer or something. I mean, for all we knew, he looked like the kind of guy that had the same conversation with dozens of girls on planes, really. Again, who am I to judge?

The best part was when Maddy decided to stand up and peek over the seat and play peek-a-boo with the makeouters. So funny. She was growling at them like a lion and laughing. I love that kid.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

that is my new favorite airplane story. i can't believe i didn't hear about that all last weekend! that's hilarious. of course if i met a hottie from london (maybe not w/ tattoos all over the place) i might make out w/ him in the plane too. haha, j/k. probably not. but i do love me the accent. maybe when i fly to san antonio in a few weeks......

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet if it had been a longer flight, they might have joined the mile high club!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I would have to agree w/ Mandy...I do love me an accent...and I really like the tattoos...after 2 mini bottles of wine I might have made out w/ him too! :-) great story

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home