Saturday, May 01, 2004

So, where do I begin? I haven't blogged in quite some time, and again, I apologize. Gosh, I feel like I've been so busy lately, although, when I sit down to blog I often can't think of a single thing to say. Let me start with the ramblings...

Last Sunday my baby girl turned 1! She is no longer my baby girl....she is my toddler girl now. I watch her sometimes and am just amazed that she is walking around and chatting it up with herself and pretend-reading (she walks around with books all the time and jabbers as if she is reading them while turning the pages). She's hilarious and she makes me smile so much with her contagious giggles. Have any of you seen the car commercial with the little kids that say things like, "Before you know it, I'll be walking down the aisle", or "I'll be heading off to college soon", and whatever else. Ya, it makes me sad each time I see it because it is totally true. But I try to not focus on how quickly she is growing and what's going to happen next because I'm trying to hold on to every second NOW. These little people definately change your life, but always for the best.

And while Maddy Belle turned 1, Mommy also turned 26 a few days later. How boring....are there any more fun birthdays out there? I decided that when David turns 30, which will be in 2 years and 4 months, I am going to plan a Vegas trip for him. Is there any reason we shouldn't celebrate birthdays in style anymore? Didn't think so...okay, who's on board? So anyway, David took me to this little Italian restaraunt in Peru called, 'Amici's'. Yummy. I have been wanting to go there and hinted around for a couple of weeks, and sweet as he is, he was going to originally take me to Bullheads, before I squashed his plan and told him he was taking me to Amici's. Sometimes I have to smack him in the face with my hints, but oh well. I had a great little dinner and a couple glasses of wine and just enjoyed the company of my husband and the fake, but adorably almost authentic Italian atmosphere around me. I highly recommend Amici's, it is lovely.

I have my first Homemade Gourmet party this coming Friday at my Aunt Tina's house. It is so nice of her to help me out, since I got no solid bookings after my open house a couple of weeks ago. I never thought I'd be the type of girl to do these 'home party' type independent distributor jobs, but I really like it. And since it is a consumable product, it makes it easy to sell because I will hopefully have some re-orders. I have tons of inventory and it calls to me every day to try something new, so I made a Chocolate-Chip cookie pie today with ice cream and hot fudge on top. Oh yes, my husband loves me.

What else? Um...yeah, we're still living with my parents and loving it. Just kidding about that part. I hate it. I mean, I love them, but there is something just so uncomforting about being married with child and living in your sister's old bedroom. And this house is just too small for 4 different personalities trying to co-habitate. Is that the right word? Anyway, my dad has a personality that I have to commend my mother for dealing with for 26 years, because he is a pain in the butt sometimes. He is totally turning into my Grandpa, which is fun to point out to him because he makes fun of Grandpa all the time, so he hates when we tell him that. He's driving me nuts, though, that's for sure. So, we're patiently waiting for David to hear about this possible promotion, and hoping that we can start looking around Peoria soon. I never thought I would want to live there, but I guess when your other alternative is Streator, Peoria looks like The Hamptons.

All of a sudden I'm full of things to say....maybe that's why I never blog, when I start, I just ramble on about everything. I wish I knew how to make my blog-site cooler. Anyone have any tips? I don't know how to do it.....I am no longer computer-savvy, I suppose. I will try to play around with it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I am doing nothing, and absolutely loving it. It is a much needed boring weekend for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home