This is my tribute to Amy day...
I'm in a reminiscing kind of mood today. I think because I drove to Bloomington on Monday night to do an errand and just driving around caused this flood of memories that made me smile. I found myself driving in neighborhoods not even close to my errand, but my car was leading me to all these fun spots so I could think back on my college years. And my after-college years, which was actually even more fun! I found myself driving by old apartments, bars, swings that Amy and I used to frequent. And by swings, I mean, actual schoolyard swings in the middle of a playground. Whenever I came home grumpy or was upset about some stupid guy, Amy forced me to get in her car and she would make me swing like a 7 year old, and somehow I would forget about my problems because we would end up laughing so hard our sides hurt. After the swings, we would usually drive around and listen to our favorite tunes and dream about which house in Hawthorne Hills would be ours someday. I miss going out for drinks during the week and playing darts with random people we had never met. I miss skipping work in the afternoon and picking up McDonald's way too many times a week, and going to Amy & Jen's apartment to sit and watch TV. The most boring of days would turn into serious laughter and entertainment for us. I knew all the while it was happening that those would be the most memorable days of my life. And I knew they would come to an end, but I cherished them as much as I could. And I am grateful for that. I'm happy that I have great friends and a fun past to look back on and smile about. Amy, thanks for always making me laugh and making me 'put on a happy face'. I can't wait to see you next month! Love you all:)
I'm in a reminiscing kind of mood today. I think because I drove to Bloomington on Monday night to do an errand and just driving around caused this flood of memories that made me smile. I found myself driving in neighborhoods not even close to my errand, but my car was leading me to all these fun spots so I could think back on my college years. And my after-college years, which was actually even more fun! I found myself driving by old apartments, bars, swings that Amy and I used to frequent. And by swings, I mean, actual schoolyard swings in the middle of a playground. Whenever I came home grumpy or was upset about some stupid guy, Amy forced me to get in her car and she would make me swing like a 7 year old, and somehow I would forget about my problems because we would end up laughing so hard our sides hurt. After the swings, we would usually drive around and listen to our favorite tunes and dream about which house in Hawthorne Hills would be ours someday. I miss going out for drinks during the week and playing darts with random people we had never met. I miss skipping work in the afternoon and picking up McDonald's way too many times a week, and going to Amy & Jen's apartment to sit and watch TV. The most boring of days would turn into serious laughter and entertainment for us. I knew all the while it was happening that those would be the most memorable days of my life. And I knew they would come to an end, but I cherished them as much as I could. And I am grateful for that. I'm happy that I have great friends and a fun past to look back on and smile about. Amy, thanks for always making me laugh and making me 'put on a happy face'. I can't wait to see you next month! Love you all:)

1 Comments:
Awww, let me wipe my tears!!! Thanks for the tribute! Too sweet! I'm always here in case you need to laugh!
It's funny that you brought the whole swing thing up b/c I was just telling someone about the time we went looking for swings and you got pulled over!! :-) HAHAH....Awww, the great memories!!! Also, just last Sat. I was telling someone about how we used to drive around at night so we could see in the windows of the big houses!! HAHAHA They probably think we're total stalkers of rich folks,,,but seriously, we weren't!!! Oh, and that just reminded me, How is Tim and John doing these days? HAHA Great times....
And what's this shit about "they would come to an end"...we still have some good times ahead of us woman!! Buck up missy and get your drinking gear on b/c come Friday...we're living it up in S-town!
(sorry for the long comment)
Post a Comment
<< Home