Is it bad that my co-worker and I were already talking about the possibility of having margaritas after work at 9:00 this morning? hmmm....I think not. This week has flown by and I really don't have too much to say, except Happy Mother's day to everyone who may read this and is a mother. Ummm.....which is probably none of you, but that's okay.
Speaking of being a mother, I really have my work cut out for me. On Wednesday, Maddy's daycare called me at work at 9 in the morning and told me that she had gotten sick and she had a temp of 99. Well, I wasn't too worried about that because almost everyone has that temperature...no big deal. I did, however, think that she may still have an ear infection. I picked her up and she gave me a big hug and said, 'mommy, i sick. wanna go home.' it was too adorable for words. She looked so sad. So, I took the little stinker to the doctor. While we were waiting to come in the room, she ran around playing with everything and I told her the doctor was going to come in, and she shook her hand at me and said, 'no mo monkey's jumpin on da bed.' I guess that's what she thought he was going to tell her (that's her new favorite song). Anyway, her ears were fine and no strep throat. The kid was totally fine. We got home and she played like never before. Apparently, she just wanted to play hooky for the day. She's only 2. What kind of stress could a 2-year old have in the beginner room at daycare? Crazy kid.
Speaking of being a mother, I really have my work cut out for me. On Wednesday, Maddy's daycare called me at work at 9 in the morning and told me that she had gotten sick and she had a temp of 99. Well, I wasn't too worried about that because almost everyone has that temperature...no big deal. I did, however, think that she may still have an ear infection. I picked her up and she gave me a big hug and said, 'mommy, i sick. wanna go home.' it was too adorable for words. She looked so sad. So, I took the little stinker to the doctor. While we were waiting to come in the room, she ran around playing with everything and I told her the doctor was going to come in, and she shook her hand at me and said, 'no mo monkey's jumpin on da bed.' I guess that's what she thought he was going to tell her (that's her new favorite song). Anyway, her ears were fine and no strep throat. The kid was totally fine. We got home and she played like never before. Apparently, she just wanted to play hooky for the day. She's only 2. What kind of stress could a 2-year old have in the beginner room at daycare? Crazy kid.

3 Comments:
CORY!! I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T GET TO WISH YOU A HAPPY B_DAY! Todd and I were in the process of moving and when I am work I check them but the comments thingy is blocked for some reason! So anyway, Happy Belated B-day, and Happy Mother's Day!
Can't wait to see you in June!!
thanks, kris! i'm excited for shelly's wedding, too. it will be one of those rare events as all of our weddings have been and will be, where we are all in the same place at one time, and i love that feeling. we'll have fun.
hahaha. maybe she broke up with charlie or wiggy woo and she wanted to avoid the awkwardness after the breakup.
haha. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home