Okay, okay, I get it. I'll try to start blogging again. Believe it or not, I actually read everyone's blogs everyday or two. But then I find my attention span wandering into stranger's blogs and I read about other people's more interesting lives or less-interesting lives even. And then I find myself tired and I end up logging off of the computer. I will try to commit a little more time to making sure everyone knows what's going on with me.
We had a very busy weekend. Friday night, David and I decided to let Jen babysit our little angel so that we could get out of the house for a change. We went to the Riverboat.....big mistake. We're not in a position to just toss money into the river, but we might as well have. I hate that place. Turned out to be a pretty expensive date. That's why we only go there once in a great while. David is dangerous with slot machines and money in his pocket. I think we could have had a great dinner, a bottle of great wine and stayed in a nice hotel for that amount, but instead we just walked around a smoke-filled boat that doesn't move and listened to the sounds of other people winning money and the sounds of disappointment from those who just blew their welfare checks. Sad, but true, I'm afraid. At least we're not in that position. I always tell myself, things can be worse.
Yesterday, we took Madelyn to 2 birthday parties. Those are always fun. And by fun I really mean exhausting. After eating cake and ice cream and riding little plastic bikes, and hitting pinata's, and jumping on trampolines and riding in little bitty electric go-carts, she was completely whooped. And so was I. Although, I must have felt rested because this morning I realized it was much too beautiful outside to stay in and veg all day, so David and my mother and I took Maddy on her first trip to the zoo in Bloomington. It was so nice. We met Aunt Mandy and had a picnic in the park before our zoo adventure. She had a great time! I'm so glad we decided to go. She's really starting to talk a lot lately. I'm already picturing her report-cards saying 'talks unneccesarily' when she is in grade school. Remember those marks?
I'm not looking forward to working tomorrow. I'm looking for a full time job now. I think I'm ready. And I really don't like my job at the college anymore. It's so blah. David says it's like walking into a funeral home. Why do I find these places and decide that I should work in them? What is the matter with me? And why don't I have a job that can pay off my college loans before I turn 60? Doesn't make much sense to me.
I promise to try to get back to this blogging business. Even though I don't have much to say sometimes, it truly does make me feel better.
We had a very busy weekend. Friday night, David and I decided to let Jen babysit our little angel so that we could get out of the house for a change. We went to the Riverboat.....big mistake. We're not in a position to just toss money into the river, but we might as well have. I hate that place. Turned out to be a pretty expensive date. That's why we only go there once in a great while. David is dangerous with slot machines and money in his pocket. I think we could have had a great dinner, a bottle of great wine and stayed in a nice hotel for that amount, but instead we just walked around a smoke-filled boat that doesn't move and listened to the sounds of other people winning money and the sounds of disappointment from those who just blew their welfare checks. Sad, but true, I'm afraid. At least we're not in that position. I always tell myself, things can be worse.
Yesterday, we took Madelyn to 2 birthday parties. Those are always fun. And by fun I really mean exhausting. After eating cake and ice cream and riding little plastic bikes, and hitting pinata's, and jumping on trampolines and riding in little bitty electric go-carts, she was completely whooped. And so was I. Although, I must have felt rested because this morning I realized it was much too beautiful outside to stay in and veg all day, so David and my mother and I took Maddy on her first trip to the zoo in Bloomington. It was so nice. We met Aunt Mandy and had a picnic in the park before our zoo adventure. She had a great time! I'm so glad we decided to go. She's really starting to talk a lot lately. I'm already picturing her report-cards saying 'talks unneccesarily' when she is in grade school. Remember those marks?
I'm not looking forward to working tomorrow. I'm looking for a full time job now. I think I'm ready. And I really don't like my job at the college anymore. It's so blah. David says it's like walking into a funeral home. Why do I find these places and decide that I should work in them? What is the matter with me? And why don't I have a job that can pay off my college loans before I turn 60? Doesn't make much sense to me.
I promise to try to get back to this blogging business. Even though I don't have much to say sometimes, it truly does make me feel better.

3 Comments:
YAY!! I was so excited to see that you blogged!
Coming home this weekend. Let's go out!! It's my b-day!
Okay, sounds good! I remember your birthday, silly, cuz it's my anniversary! Can you believe it's been 2 years? nuts.
Oh yeah!!! DUH!!! Double celebration then! And no, I can't believe it's been two years!
Post a Comment
<< Home